In February’s edition of ‘The Q&A With…’ – where Mark Tuxford catches up with team members about their life in and outside of the Universal Web Design office – we learn more about SEO and PPC Specialist, Alice Warner.
Alice is a passionate marketer who enjoys producing content for the wide range of clients she works with on a day to day basis. As an SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) and PPC (Pay Per Click) Specialist, Alice realises the importance of ensuring her clients are ranking high online.
Her can do attitude makes her an integral member of the team, who’s kind nature ensures she builds an excellent rapport with new and existing clients. Alice’s creative style ensures businesses get the most from their campaigns and this makes her and the professional services she provides a very popular addition to the UWD team.
Alice works alongside the other members of the marketing team, where they regularly discuss strategies and implement new ideas. Together they generate the best results for businesses online and with Alice’s individual brilliance onside, you won’t go wrong with the passion, drive and expertise our team showcases.
We’re all about the personal touch within our company, and with this in mind a Q&A is a great way to get to know our team on a business and personal level. So, without further or do, let’s get the questions firing and answering for Alice!
- What attracted you to the role of SEO and PPC Specialist at UWD?
- “I wanted an opportunity to join a successful, growing business in which I could show off and use my PPC and SEO knowledge and skills – UWD was an ideal place for me to this. Once meeting Danny and seeing the offices during my interview, I knew it was the place for me!”
- What advice would you give new team members looking to join UWD?
- “Here at Universal we are always learning, researching and developing as individuals and as team. So, if you are looking to join our team make sure you have a willingness to learn and aren’t afraid to put 110% into everything you do!”
- What’s been the best part about your time at UWD so far?
- “Working with such a close-knit team, although there are individual departments everyone works collaboratively. Also, I am learning every day, which is great as my SEO and PPC skills get stronger by the day.”
- What does your normal working day involve at UWD?
- “My normal working day involves working to my busy but proactive schedule. Each client has time allocated to them across the month ensuring everything is covered. My day to day tasks includes a lot of research, content writing and backend edits on the SEO side. With regards to PPC I also complete research, negative keywords allocation and ensuring the budget is on track. I am always working to improve results for clients.”
- How are you enjoying writing content for a wide range of different clients?
- “Working for a wide range of different clients is great because I am able to use my skills across different sectors getting positive results. Also having a variety of topics to write content on is great, as I am able to put my writing skills in to good use by showing how I can adjust content to the correct topic for that clients target keywords.”
- Which is the best marketing campaign you have worked on to date?
- “I have enjoyed working on Faze Caterers because it is great seeing the rankings for the site improving. Seeing your work in action and results coming in is fantastic!”
- What do you get up to in your spare time after a busy week at work?
- “After a busy week at work I enjoy going out for some nice food, you can’t beat a nice juicy steak as an end of week treat!”
- What is your favourite food?
- “Well I should say steak going from the above answer, but it has to be Shepherds Pie!”
- What is your favourite Film/TV Programme?
- “I don’t really watch a lot of TV but my favourite film has to be any of the Harry Potter collections – The Goblet of Fire being first choice.”
- What is your favourite song?
- “It changes all the time, depending on what is new out. If I had to choose just one it probably be Mr Brightside – The Killers as that’s always a good one to sing along to when no one is listening!”
- Top 5 celebrities you would have round for a dinner party? (Dead or alive)
- James Corden – because he will make everyone laugh, then treat us all to an expectedly good performance of someone like you by Adele.
- Adele – because she is amazingly talented and she can join in with James.
- Steven Gerrard – because he is Liverpool FC royalty and they are my team.
- Will I Am – because he is the only reason I watch the voice, his metaphors are hilarious!
- Derren Brown – because he is unbelievable and some after dinner entertainment would be fantastic.
- Which three words describe you best?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- “Becoming a BA Hons in Graphic Design.”
- What is your hidden talent?
- “I don’t think I have one, but if I did it would be that I could talk parseltongue.”
- What’s your favourite motivational quote?
- “Don’t wait for opportunity – create it.”
Learning more about our team gives you an insight into how we work and what goes on behind the scenes at UWD. Now you know more about Alice, you have the opportunity to come in and meet her within the UWD office or speak to her directly on 01206 588 000 to discuss your SEO to PPC campaigns, she is in the know and can help your business perform to its best online – get in touch with her today!